Sunday, March 16, 2008

Single Mermama

I've been completely consumed with mermamahood for the last several weeks; P has been traveling for work, leaving me and the girls to fend for ourselves. In a way, it's been empowering; did you know that it is, indeed, possible for one person to drop two children off at schools in two separate cities and still get to work by 8:00 a.m.? To make all speech therapy, ballet, and gymnastics lessons despite two outbreaks of hives? Did you know that one single, not very big or strong woman is capable of assembling three Ikea wardrobes in a 7 ft by 3 ft. space to surprise husband upon his return? Well, it is, and I proved it. I'm pooped. BUT, I am on spring break for a week, so all is well in the world. Today I'm taking the girls to a Purim party at Esmee's school and then to "Horton Hears a Who."

On the writing front: I just mailed back the copyedited manuscript to Kensington. Next come the proofs and galleys!!

No comments: