Saturday, June 02, 2012

The Sand Castle by Rita Mae Brown: A Review

The Sand Castle (Runnymede, #4)The Sand Castle by Rita Mae Brown
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This tiny little book almost read like a play to me. I loved the characters (sisters Juts and Wheezie), and I also really liked the seven year old narrator, Nickel. Not much happens: a late summer trip to the eastern shore of Maryland where the two sisters build a sand castle with Nickel and her cousin whose mother has recently passed away. But I'm not sure it really had the satisfying arc of even a novella. It felt more like a sliver from something much larger. And, indeed, I understand these characters appear in other of Brown's novels. I'll have to see if I can track some of the down...because these characters were really wonderful.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All playing the samе game they plаy fοr eхamplе, extrеmеly popular these days.
The Apprentice сan teаch uѕ а lоt
abоut уοu, therefοre it іs no longer
youг grandfather's ag industry: The business people who want to lock in the price movement of various assets.

my website ... Internet Marketing Scottsdale