Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Cherry Blossoms.


Posted by Picasa
This weekend we went to see the cherry blossoms. So did everyone else in the entire world. It was the most claustrophic I have ever felt outside. They were beautiful though, and the idea that a zillion people came out just to look at a bunch of trees was pretty life-affirming.

The latest round of edits are almost done. My goal is to get things off to my agent (my agent!) by Friday. I am fighting a nasty cold though that has gotten to both P and E. Kicky and I have been okay until yesterday. It probably didn't help that I spent TWO HOURS at Home Depot this morning trying to buy tiles for the porch and a sconce for the hallway. Do you realize that a price check on a sconce at Home Depot can take upwards of 45 minutes??!! Needless to say that by the time I started lifting the one hundred pound boxes of tiles into my trunk I was about to pass out. Good news is that the porch remodel is coming along wonderfully. The contractor is a sweetheart, and they are working like madmen to get the new windows, ceiling, and floor in. I can't wait to paint and make my little writing corner. I'll post pictures when it's done.

No comments: